Mensch tracht, und Gott lacht

Friday, May 04, 2007

For the first time in my life, I fear for my country...

(Via RedState) Pollster Rasmussen Reports:

Democrats in America are evenly divided on the question of whether George W. Bush knew about the 9/11 terrorist attacks in advance. Thirty-five percent (35%) of Democrats believe he did know, 39% say he did not know, and 26% are not sure.


61% of the reality-based community believe that is or may be a FACT? And almost a quarter of our whole nation? No wonder they hate Bush's guts. I would too, if I were that deranged.

I just can't wrap my mind around this yet, and my astonishment is genuine. I had no idea, really. It's one thing for Harry Reid to shoot his mouth off for the netroots. It's one thing for the lefties to cocoon themselves against any and all dissent to enjoy the self-pleasure of bashing the other guys. But folks, this is national madness. We are one nation, come unglued.

__________________________________________

1 comment:

Jay D. Homnick said...

As Perry White would say: "Jumping Jehosephat!" This is a horror.

The only thing I can think of in mitigation is some of the respondents understood the assertion to mean Bush had intelligence about the possibility of such an attack and was remiss in not preparing stronger defenses.