Mensch tracht, un Gott lacht

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Found Poetry

"Found Poetry" is a something I was taught about in school. The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls. And tenement halls. And there's something to that.



School principal terminated. You poor fool. You poet, you. See my correction below. Tiffany Riley, hit me up.

'I firmly believe that Black Lives Matter, but I DO NOT agree with the coercive measures taken to get to this point across; some of which are falsified in an attempt to prove a point. While I want to get behind BLM, I do not think people should be made to feel they have to choose black race over human race. While I understand the urgency to feel compelled to advocate for black lives, what about our fellow law enforcement? What about all others who advocate for and demand equity for all? Just because I don’t walk around with a BLM sign should not mean I am a racist.'


If only you'd have punctuated like a poet
You'd be getting an award right now instead of a pink slip:



While I want to
by Tiffany Riley


I firmly
believe

that Black Lives Matter,


but I DO NOT agree with the coercive measures taken
to get to this point across;

some of which are falsified in an attempt to prove a point.

While I want to get behind BLM, 

I do not 
think 
people should be made to feel
they have to choose 

black race 
over human 

race.

While I understand the urgency to feel compelled to advocate for black lives, what about our fellow law enforcement? What about all others who advocate for and demand equity for all?

Just because
I don’t walk around 

with a

BLM sign

should not mean 


am 
a 'racist.'


Well done, Tiff. No need to thank me. Next time, run it by me first.

No comments: