Mensch tracht, und Gott lacht

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Glazed and Confused . . .

I knew something was wrong when I walked into a Krispy Kreme several months back and they were handing out free, hot doughnuts. What kind of strategy is that? I'm in the building. Nobody browses at Krispy Kreme. After they provided samples to me and my guests, we weren't that interested any more. The edge was off. The jones was slaked. If you're gonna do free samples, get out the toothpicks and the carefully cubed cross-sections. Handing out whole doughnuts is bad for business when the impulse buy is critical.

1 comment:

Jay D. Homnick said...

Like I said, Hunter is not your prototype for ergodic projections of gastronomic activity. On the other hand, there is no one I'd rather share a trench with than this loveable trencherman.

Well, a wider sort of trench, anyway.