Mensch tracht, und Gott lacht

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Losing Weight, Making Friends with Gravity

Those who know me are aware that I could never could be called "a man of the left," but maybe "a man of the heft" would be fitting.

Hitting age 35 while still carrying excess weight has landed me in the doghouse with my doctor. He threw the book at me and I'm now blogging about the experience as a way to stay accountable to dieting.

If anyone is interested in reading about that and maybe contributing their own comments, just slide over to I Might Be a Giant, a new weblog about cutting personal liabilities.

2 comments:

Timothy Birdnow said...

I understand completely Mr. Baker; I`m planning on a crash weight loss program consisting of moving to the Moon where I`ll weigh about 40 lbs!

Of course, despite not smoking, I`m still going to have a hard time catching my breath...

Hunter Baker said...

Why didn't I think of that. I think I'll just arrange to man a gravity-less space station for NASA on a long term basis. If they'll let me take my books, it could be a little bit of heaven.