Mensch tracht, und Gott lacht

Thursday, September 20, 2018

My Post on CONLAWPROF: on Kavanaugh (II)

[Dear Professor ____________,]

You wrote: "Therefore, by taking this position you prove yourself unworthy of being a Supreme Court Justice -- or even a magistrate judge." (emphasis Tillman's) 

I clerked for several judges, including a federal Magistrate Judge in Pennsylvania. He is now an Article III judge. We stay in touch. My own view is that there is something wrong with this "even a ...." language. Perhaps, you might agree?

Notice I say "something wrong," not "something deeply wrong," as, I suppose, we all get to choose our own adverbs (or, more accurately, lack thereof).

Seth

Seth Barrett Tillman, My Post on CONLAWPROF: on Kavanaugh (II), New Reform Club (Sept. 20, 2018, 3:47 AM), https://reformclub.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-post-on-conlawprof-Kavanaugh.html

No comments: