Although I don't buy conspiracy theories most of the time, that doesn't mean I don't think of them. Here's the latest:
1. Peggy Noonan and others have complained the Bushes and Clintons are unhealthily chummy.
2. Some have even gone so far as to suggest that the Bushes have a deal with the Clintons to put Hillary in the White House in 2008.
3. At the very moment Clinton FBI Head Louis Freeh releases his book blasting the Clintons for their terrible management of law enforcement/terrorism, President Bush nominates Harriet Miers.
4. The Miers controversy sucks all the air out of the press and the Freeh book gets about 10% of the publicity it might ordinarily have gotten.
5. BUSHCLINTON triumphs again!!!!