Mensch tracht, un Gott lacht

Monday, December 06, 2004

Supreme Court Commentary: Clarence Thomas

Senator Harry Reid from Nevada told Tim Russert that Clarence Thomas is an embarrassment as a Supreme Court Justice. I'd love to know how he reaches that conclusion. He says Thomas' opinions are poorly written. Has he ever read one? I've certainly made my way through a few Thomas opinions and never saw the alleged lack of judicial intellect or temper. I suppose Earl Warren's opinions were better, the ones where he simply told his law clerks how he wanted the case to go and had them find a way to support it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hunter: Harry Reid was my senator when he lived in Nevada. He almost single-handidly put Sominex out of business.

Here would be my response to Harry Reid, if I were Tim Russert: "Since you have such a strong opinion of Justice Thomas, I'm sure that one of his many poorly-written opinions stand out. Perhaps you can share with our audience your assessment of one of those opinion and why you came the conclusion you did about its quality.