Mensch tracht, un Gott lacht

Friday, December 10, 2004

Death of the Dimebag

The HairBands and MetalBoys were hot during my adolescence in the 80's. Accordingly, an old friend wrote to ask why I hadn't blogged about the death of metal guitar legend "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott of Pantera. The reason is simple. I was never a great metal aficionado. I pretty much zoomed from top 40 pop to heavy cool college stuff like REM and The Smiths. These days I enjoy a very eclectic mix of music with special affinity for electronica. What I recall about the old friend (and roommate) is that he was a big fan of the band W.A.S.P. and often had one of their albums, featuring a cover of a codpiece with a buzzsaw emerging from it, laying about the dorm room. I recall the name of the album, but it is unfortunately unsuitable for the blog's audience.

No comments: